Is this thing on?



Oh boy, my first post.

So here I am, officially beginning the journey of making it in the beauty blogger world.  I'm still struggling to figure out how to get this entire blog to work - how do I customize this template I uploaded?  How do I get my menus to link out to the proper pages?  Eep, I'm thinking that I'm definitely going to need a crash course in HTML 101.  I've used corporate blogs before but have never actually created one from scratch.  Fingers crossed I'll get the hang of it sooner rather than later.

I'm so excited that I've finally decided to take on this so called "beauty project" of mine.  I've always entertained the thought of making my own make-up tutorial YouTube account complete with corresponding blog but never got around to it.  I think I had one of those major epiphanies the other day where I decided that I needed to stop saying "what if" and just do it already.  And that's how evocativ allure was born.

I have envisioned evocativ allure to be a place where I can share my beauty tips and tricks with tutorials and beauty product reviews.  I've been completely engrossed with make-up since I was 12 so I figured that I have more than enough experience in the field to pass along my knowledge to any of my readers (which I probably only have one of right now... hi Mom!)  Do I see this blog eventually expanding into other areas of interest for me?  Sure why not, but for now I'm going to focus on keeping it beauty-centric.

I'm sure I'll look back on this post in one to two years' time and laugh at how nervous I was about getting it started. With that being said, I'm really excited to see how far I can take evocativ allure.

Cue the Rocky music, please.  Let's do this.

xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

Knowledgeable on all things pop culture, I am a city girl at heart completely in love with the urban lifestyle and everything that comes with it. Currently battling a serious make-up addiction, my other guilty pleasures include celebrity gossip, chick flicks and extremely Americanized Chinese food. A PR girl by day, at night you’ll usually find me cruising the aisles at Sephora or wandering around the city trying out the newest restaurants.

Quote of the Day

“The best colour in the whole world is the one that looks good on you.”

Coco Chanel

About evocativ allure

evocativ allure is your go-to beauty blog for make-up and hair tutorials and beauty product reviews.

Please note that all opinions are my own.

Contact: amanda.n.michalik[at]gmail.com