Review: CoverGirl Jumbo Gloss Balm

No, it's not a Clinique Chubby Stick (but it sure looks like it with that packaging...).  Say hello to CoverGirl's new Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm, available at your local drugstore for $7.

A new addition to CoverGirl's lip collection, this gloss balm  is available in 16 shades and is fortified with both shea and mango butters that promises a moisturizing, non-sticky hint of colour for your lips.


Ooh la la! 16 pretty shades to choose from.


I've always been a fan of lip glosses and lip balms as lipsticks have a tendency to dry out my lips and leave them cracked and peeling.  Since I'm a huge fan of Clinique's Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm, $16, I figured that I would give this more affordable variation a try.

To buy or not to buy, that is the question.  While I did like the moisturizing qualities of CoverGirl's Jumbo Gloss Balm and the number of shades to choose from, it just doesn't compare in quality to its more expensive counterparts like Clinique's Chubby Stick or Soap & Glory's Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick, $16.  

The sheerness is a little too light for my liking and the staying power isn't really up to my standards.  Sure you could slather on the layers to get more colour, but you're going to end up powering through it twice as fast as you would be if you had just paid for a higher quality product.  To me, that just cancels out your price savings. 

I really love the pretty berry shade I picked out - I just wish it lasted a little longer!

I'm wearing Smashbox's Camera Ready BB CreamSmashbox's Camera Ready Full Coverage ConcealerShiseido Luminizing Satin Face Color in Carnation and CoverGirl's Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm in Shade 230.
xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

Knowledgeable on all things pop culture, I am a city girl at heart completely in love with the urban lifestyle and everything that comes with it. Currently battling a serious make-up addiction, my other guilty pleasures include celebrity gossip, chick flicks and extremely Americanized Chinese food. A PR girl by day, at night you’ll usually find me cruising the aisles at Sephora or wandering around the city trying out the newest restaurants.

Quote of the Day

“The best colour in the whole world is the one that looks good on you.”

Coco Chanel

About evocativ allure

evocativ allure is your go-to beauty blog for make-up and hair tutorials and beauty product reviews.

Please note that all opinions are my own.

Contact: amanda.n.michalik[at]gmail.com