The 4 Best Concealers



Everyone who knows me knows just how gung-ho I am about BB cream. However, as awesome as BB cream is, its one downside is the lack of coverage so I always recommend using some concealer underneath your foundation or tinted moisturizer to get the most flawless looking skin.

Here are my Top 4 favourite tried-and-true concealers:



I love this product because it's one of the only concealers made light enough for my fair skin. I always couple this product with my Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream. Now as awesome as this concealer is, its name is misleading - I find it offers lighter coverage (which is fine for me since I don't have problem-prone skin) but if you're looking for something heavier to cover up your acne scarring or excessive redness, this may not be the best choice.




I'd place this concealer in the light-medium coverage category. It's highly blendable and is great for evening out your skin tone and lightening up dark under eye circles. While the bottle is small, you don't need a massive amount of this stuff to get the job done and you can layer it on to get more coverage. I also love that it's liquid (it moisturizes well and won't dry your skin out).



With no creasing and some of the longest-lasting wear out of any of the concealers I've used, NARS has honestly outdone itself. This product is fantastic. It covers the dark circles under my eyes while also brightening and smoothing my complexion. It is a pricier product, but if you can afford it it's really worth it. Trust me. 



My favourite full-coverage concealer is creamy, waterproof and great at hiding blemishes. I wouldn't recommend it as an under eye concealer though as its thicker texture means it can look cakey, especially when applied to the dry area under your eyes. This product is perfect if you suffer from acne scarring and/or patchy, red areas on your face.

Are there any concealers you've used that I've forgotten to give an honourable mention to?

xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

Knowledgeable on all things pop culture, I am a city girl at heart completely in love with the urban lifestyle and everything that comes with it. Currently battling a serious make-up addiction, my other guilty pleasures include celebrity gossip, chick flicks and extremely Americanized Chinese food. A PR girl by day, at night you’ll usually find me cruising the aisles at Sephora or wandering around the city trying out the newest restaurants.

Quote of the Day

“The best colour in the whole world is the one that looks good on you.”

Coco Chanel

About evocativ allure

evocativ allure is your go-to beauty blog for make-up and hair tutorials and beauty product reviews.

Please note that all opinions are my own.

Contact: amanda.n.michalik[at]gmail.com